Once you've applied for your home loan you must comply with the Seven Don'ts of Mortgage Funding. Any of which could delay or keep you from closing on your new home.
1. DON'T change your employment status.
2. DON'T make any major purchases (cars, furniture, appliances, vacations, etc.)
3. DON'T increase your credit card debt OR miss any payments.
4. DON'T change bank accounts or make undisclosed large deposits.
5. DON'T apply for a credit card, co-sign a loan or make a credit inquiry.
6. DON'T spend money you have set aside for closing-not any, not ever.
7. DON'T delay in providing all paperwork asked for by the mortgage company.
Obtaining credit has been difficult and has increasingly become more difficult in recent months due to the changes in lending regulations. Following the Seven Don'ts will make your home buying experience a positive and pleasant one!
If you would like more information on why it's a good time to buy and sell a home, please contact me at 816-373-3800 x4373.
Seven Don'ts Source-Jodie Roemer, Bank of America Mortgage (816-554-5474)