Wednesday, January 5, 2011
FIVE Common First Time Home Buyer Mistakes
1. They don’t ask enough questions of their lender and end up missing out on the best deal.
2. They don’t act quickly enough to make a decision and someone else buys the house.
3. They don’t find the right agent who’s willing to help them through the homebuying process.
4. They don’t do enough to make their offer look appealing to a seller.
5. They don’t think about resale before they buy. The average first-time buyer only stays in a home for four years.
Source: Real Estate Checklists and Systems
BONUS TIP - Be honest with your Realtor. If they are representing you as your Buyer's Agent let them know your time line (urgency), likes and dislikes and any information that could affect your successful home purchase. It is a partnership. A successful home purchase is the result of a team of professionals dedicated to meet your goals and expectations.
If you are seeking caring and competent representation, give me a call at 816-994-0444 (Direct Line).